MUDRA FOR EMOTIONAL BALANCE
Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
November challenges us to stay in a state of Love and away from fear. The kidneys, our emotions, and the knees are all affected by the element of water. When we are overly emotional about something, it can feel like it is hard to move forward, or we may hold fears that are preventing us from moving beyond our challenges. This mudra is beneficial for all of these disharmonies because it helps to create balance in the water element within and bring harmony to the kidneys. The hands are the extensions of the heart, and by placing the hands on the opposite knees, we are bringing Love and healing to the area which helps with physical pain as well as the energy of flow and movement of excess water as a result of arthritis. By crossing the body with the arms, we are helping to bring harmony to the logical and intuitive mental faculties. This will support both physical and emotional balance. Practice this mudra daily to create a more harmonized emotional and physical state of being.
How To Perform This Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting upright.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Gently place the hands onto the opposite knees (it doesn't matter what arm is on top).
4. Relax your shoulders and elongate the spine, allowing the chest to rise and the chin to gently relax in and up. Close the eyes and focus at the brow (3rd eye) point.
5. Smile, breathe long deep breaths, chant RaMaDaSa, or practice Three Part Breath (See Below).
3-Part Breath (Optional):
Inhale slowly into the belly, rib cage, and upper chest for a count of 20. Hold the breath and squeeze the rectum for a count of 20. Exhale from the chest, rib cage, and belly, drawing the navel in toward the spine for a count of 20. Repeat the breath for a total of 3 minutes. SMILE!