top of page

Inspiring Story of the Week: Dog That Won't Stop Digging Saves Entire Neighborhood After They Find Dangerous Gas Leak Underground...

An Article By The Good News Network...


It would have made front-page news around the country: a quiet Philadelphia neighborhood exploding suddenly into flames days before Christmas; but because of a clever dog with a heck of a nose, it’s only making news here on GNN.


A disastrous gas leak was detected underground by Kobe, a 4-year-old husky owned by Chanell Bell, who trusted her intuition and listened to Kobe’s warnings.


Having moved into the home rather recently, Bell noticed Kobe was digging in the same spot in the yard hour after hour. She didn’t think much of it as he is an avid digger when the need arises, but as it got larger and larger, she took notice.


“I trust his judgment because that isn’t his typical behavior,” she said. “He has great senses and he never digs holes unless he is helping me dig; I knew something was up.”


Chanell had had a gas leak in the house earlier in December, and seeing that the hole went under the sidewalk, she “trusted her intuition” to take out her gas detection device.

Immediately, the reading detected gas.


Not just gas, but a potentially cataclysmic amount of gas.

Chanell alerted authorities who informed her that if Kobe hadn’t detected the leak when he did on December 21, the consequences could have been fatal.


“We were told it could’ve caused serious health effects like respiratory issues, brain damage, and even death. They told me that something as simple as a light switch turning on could’ve caused an explosion too!” she said.


The gas foreman and crew immediately turned off her gas and got to work on the aged pipes that were leaking in three places and which could have affected other houses in the neighborhood as well.


“They were so impressed with Kobe and mentioned what a good dog he was,” said Chanell, who believes that you should always listen to your animals and their senses.


“It feels amazing to know Kobe saved our block, I am very thankful to have him,” she added. “I hope that this spreads awareness to others about the dangers and severity of gas leaks and to pay attention to your fur babies!”

Commentaires


bottom of page