Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
It is the Universal Saturn Period, and a time to cultivate inner strength, patience, and structure. It is the cycle of the year that slows us down and supports deep reflection of the year past. The winter season also brings a passionate desire to hibernate and go inward. It is the Yin energy that asks us to meditate on what we need to do to create more harmony and balance. This mudra is the perfect hand posture to utilize this time of year for all of these reasons.
The fingers reflect the zodiac and various physical attributes that we express. The thumbs are symbols of the brain, will power, and the ego. In this mudra, the fingers stimulate one another, activating the 12 signs of the zodiac and the various gifts and strengths that each has to share. The thumbs touching at the top activates the fire element, and our inner passions that fuel the energy needed to live our destiny. This alerts our higher brain and the glands that connect us to the higher worlds to wake up and work. Bringing both hands together aligns the left and right brain for balance. Together, this hand posture stimulates a cosmic perspective that allows us to be more patient, to seek balance by having the strength to use our will power to make better choices, and ultimately to master mind over matter through our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
How To Get Into The Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Gently rest the back of the four fingers on the right hand inside of the palm of the left hand.
4. Bend the four fingers on the left hand over the four fingers on the right hand.
5. Extend the thumbs and touch tips together, allowing the wrists to gently close together.
6. Relax your shoulders down and away from your ears.
7. Smile, breathe, and hold the mudra here for 3 - 11 minutes. Chanting one of the healing mantras: "RaMaDaSaSaSaySoHung" , "Long Ek Ong Kar", or "Lumen de Lumine", or breathing a 3-Point Breath (See Below) is wonderful to do while holding any mudra.
***Remember that it might not be comfortable at first, but you are developing neuro-pathways in the brain that will affect the entire being, so hang in there!
3-Point Breath (Optional):
Inhale for a count of 20, Hold the breath for a count of 20, Exhale for a count of 20. Repeat this breath for 3 - 11 minutes to calm the mind and bring balance to the brain.