Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
It is the 5th month of the year, and Mercury comes to test our mental strength. This month also brings the first Mercury Retrograde of the year. This is the perfect month to work on the brain and find healthy ways to deal with stress. This is why we chose this mudra to practice all month long.
The left hand is the receptive and intuitive hand, while the right is the more logical and active hand. We use our receptive left side with the palm face up to receive energy from the higher world, while the right, more logical side, is palm face down for grounding into the Earth. This is a way of receiving energy from Gaia and is said to make us 84 times stronger. The thumbs are actively stretched to a 90* angle in order to stimulate the brain. Utilizing both the right and left brain, this is a wonderful hand posture for overall brain harmony. The wrists represent the lymph (emotions), digestion (processing emotions), and the reproductive system (creating anew). When we bend the wrist, we are stimulating our water body and creating more flow in how we feel. The entire hand posture is held in the astral or emotional plane of the body. This is to help increase the energy of Faith and support a more positive emotional frequency.
How long do I hold a Mudra for? One moment to several minutes is standard timing for holding a Mudra. Mudras work based on one's level of consciousness. The higher the consciousness, the less one needs. All mudras are suggested to be held for 1-3 minutes and up to 11-120 minutes with a mantra meditation. Listen to your intuition and feel your mind, heart, and body while you are practicing Mudras. You will learn for yourself what is best for you. Smile, relax, and receive healing from your own hands.
How To Perform The Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Bring the left hand to shoulder level, elbow bent, and the wrist bent so the palm is face up and parallel to the ceiling.
4. Bring the right hand and forearm to shoulder level with the palm flat and facing the ground.
5. Extend both thumbs 90* to the hand and active.
6. Relax your shoulders and elongate the spine, allowing the chest to rise and the chin to gently relax in and up. Close the eyes and focus at the brow (3rd eye) point.
7. Smile, breathe long deep breaths, chant Triple Mantra, or practice Three Part Breath (See Below).
3-Part Breath (Optional):
Inhale slowly into the belly, rib cage, and upper chest for a count of 20. Hold the breath (unless you are pregnant) and squeeze the rectum for a count of 20. Exhale from the chest, rib cage, and belly, drawing the navel in toward the spine for a count of 20. Repeat the breath for a total of 3 minutes. SMILE!