Mudra of the Month: Communication, Grounding, and Vital Life Force...
Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
The month of September is the 9th month of the year, and 9 is the number connected to the planet Mars. This is a time of intense energies, construction and destruction of our foundation, and a completion of cycles. In order to utilize the forces available to us during this powerful month, we must be centered and neutral. It is also the Universal Mercury Period, and Mercury will be retrograde for most of the month. Creating with clear communication and vitality, bridging logic with intuition, and grounding to one's connection with the Earth and all beings, this mudra brings together the strengths of the various forces at play this month.
Jupiter, Saturn, and Sun offer a friendship of expansion, understanding, and healing with this month's Mudra. Mercury, the planet of intelligence and communication activates to clear any obstacles that Mercury Retrograde may try to throw at us. Together, the hands invoke a healing, intuitive, and grounded way of communicating in order to bring more harmony to all areas of life. The palms face the Earth for grounding and receiving life force. Practicing this hand posture daily is said to bring youth and vitality. Tap into your greatest healing capacity and discover that the who world is in your hands.
How To Get Into The Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Interlace the index (Jupiter), middle (Saturn), and ring (Sun) fingers together.
4. Touch the pinky (Mercury) to the thumb (Mars) on both hands.
5. Palms face down to the Earth.
6. Relax your shoulders down and away from your ears.
7. Smile, breathe, and hold the mudra here for 3 - 11 minutes. Chanting the healing mantra "RaMaDaSaSaSaySoHung" or breathing a 3-Point Breath (See Below) is wonderful to do while holding any mudra.
3-Point Breath (Optional):
Inhale for a count of 20, Hold the breath for a count of 20, Exhale for a count of 20. Repeat this breath for 3 - 11 minutes to calm the mind and bring balance to the brain.