Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
The month of June is the 6th month of the year, and the number 6 corresponds to the planetary frequency of Venus. Venus is the planet of harmony, Love, and play. This month, we are challenged to stay in our center and live from a place of Love and flow. In the physical body, this is represented by the glandular system that is in charge of the hormones. When the hormones are in balance, the rest of the body flows in harmony. The hormones effect every system of the body.
The RaMa Mudra pick of the month serves to support hormone balance and overall wellness in the body, mind, and spirit. It involves the left hand being in Shakti Mudra with the thumb at the base of the pinky. This stimulates the water element and the hormone glands that manifest creative and fertile thoughts and ideas. Bringing the hands together allows the left and right hemispheres of the brain to align as one. Stimulating the thumb is activating the brain and the Pituitary and Pineal Glands, which are the higher, "Master" glands that effect the entire system. Together, this hand posture brings neutrality and balance to the entire being.
How long do I hold a Mudra for? One moment to several minutes is standard timing for holding a Mudra. Mudras work based on one's level of consciousness. The higher the consciousness, the less one needs. All mudras are suggested to be held for 1-3 minutes and up to 11-120 minutes with a mantra meditation. Listen to your intuition and feel your mind, heart, and body while you are practicing Mudras. You will learn for yourself what is best for you. Smile, relax, and receive healing from your own hands.
How To Perform This Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Put the left hand into Shakti Mudra (place the thumb at the base of the pinky, and close the fingers into a fist).
4. Cup the right hand around the left.
5. Place the right thumb inside of the hole created by the left fist.
6. Relax your shoulders and elongate the spine, allowing the chest to rise and the chin to gently relax in and up. Close the eyes and focus at the brow (3rd eye) point.
7. Smile, breathe long deep breaths, or practice Three Part Breath (See Below).
3-Part Breath (Optional):
Inhale slowly into the belly, rib cage, and upper chest for a count of 20. Hold the breath (unless you are pregnant) and squeeze the rectum for a count of 20. Exhale from the chest, rib cage, and belly, drawing the navel in toward the spine for a count of 20. Repeat the breath for a total of 3 minutes. SMILE!