Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands. Mudras are a type of sign language to the angelic realm. Every day, hire the angels of Light and fire the angels of darkness with Mudra Therapy.
This 12th (Jupiter) month of the year kicks off the Universal Venus Period. Between Jupiter and Venus, our inner desire to be Loved and accepted may feel stronger than other times of the year. The Hanged Man archetype of the 12th tarot card in the major arcana reminds us to let go of the physical attachments, and to trust the Light and Love of the inner Divine Source to guide the way. Because of this, it is crucial to develop inner strength through self-Love and self-acceptance.
When we reverse-interlace the fingers, we are working with our inner world, and each of the fingers represents an element and the harmonious balance being manifested between the Yin and Yang and our physical polarities. Each finger from base to tip signifies the Divine World, or Mental World within. The thumb (Mars) relates to the ego, the will, and self-identity. By pointing them inward toward the heart, we are directing the higher will toward the heart, self-Love, and ultimately self-acceptance.
How To Perform This Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Gently reverse interlace your fingers and bring the palms facing downward toward the Earth.
4. Extend the thumbs straight out, not touching each other, and pointing toward the body.
5. Allow the four fingers to touch one another straight.
6. Relax your shoulders and elongate the spine, allowing the chest to rise and the chin to gently relax in and up. Close the eyes and focus at the brow (3rd eye) point.
7. Smile, breathe long deep breaths, or practice Three Part Breath (See Below).
3-Part Breath (Optional):
Inhale slowly into the belly, rib cage, and upper chest for a count of 20. Hold the breath and squeeze the rectum for a count of 20. Exhale from the chest, rib cage, and belly, drawing the navel in toward the spine for a count of 20. Repeat the breath for a total of 3 minutes. SMILE!