Mudra means "To Please", and is a way to invoke the unseen forces for health and happiness. You can literally manifest your destiny with the palm of your hands.
The month of April is the 4th month of the year, and the number 4 is connected to the planetary vibration of Uranus. Uranus teaches us to merge with Love without condition. Sometimes the lessons are tough when it comes to opening the heart, especially after being hurt or closed off to trusting others. We want to make peace with our past, with ourselves, and with others, and that takes heart healing.
This month, we are focused on healing the heart in order to clear the obstacles in the way for infinite prosperity and abundance on all levels. The heart chakra is green, the color of abundance, prosperity, and money. By practicing this mudra regularly, we are able to bring harmony to the physical heart, the emotional heart, and the abundant heart.
The index finger is the Jupiter finger, and the finger of spiritual and material abundance. By interlocking the Jupiter fingers together, we are activating the abundant and expansive energy inside of us. The middle finger is associated with the pericardium, the heart protector. Stimulating this finger on each hand helps to activate the internal healing properties of the physical heart and pericardium in order to restore healthy circulation and flow. By straightening the ring finger, associated with healing, and the pinky, associated with the heart, we are bringing even more Love to our hearts on all levels. This hand posture is empowering and strengthening in times when the heart could use strengthening - both physically and emotionally. Give it a try and allow the Love to flow so the abundance of the heart can be restored.
How To Perform This Mudra:
1. Straighten the spine in a comfortable posture sitting, standing, or laying down.
2. Rub your hands together vigorously.
3. Gently cross the arms with the right arm closest to the body.
4. Keeping the backs of the palms facing each other, interlock the index (Jupiter) fingers.
5. Touch the middle (Saturn) finger to the thumb (Mars).
6 Straighten the ring (Sun) and pinky (Mercury) fingers.
7. Relax your shoulders and elongate the spine, allowing the chest to rise and the chin to gently relax in and up. Close the eyes and focus at the brow (3rd eye) point.
8. Smile, breathe long deep breaths, chant RaMaDaSa, or practice Three Part Breath (See Below).
3-Part Breath (Optional):
Inhale slowly into the belly, rib cage, and upper chest for a count of 20. Hold the breath and squeeze the rectum for a count of 20. Exhale from the chest, rib cage, and belly, drawing the navel in toward the spine for a count of 20. Repeat the breath for a total of 3 minutes. SMILE!